Most people come to see a therapist because they are in emotional pain, physical pain, or both, as one often creates the other.
I understand how vulnerable this can make you feel, so I am committed to giving my full attention and respect to the unique experience of each client.
It is for this reason that I maintain a small “boutique” practice, where I listen to what you want for your life and together we create a course of treatment that meets your goals and needs.
I don’t believe in a “cookie-cutter” approach to therapy because your brain, your mind and your life experiences are as individual as you are.
Therefore, I have extensive training in:
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Resiliency Model therapy (TRM)
- Mind/Body Medicine (TMS/PPD)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Non-Violent Communication (NVC)
- EEG Biofeedback (aka Neurofeedback)
My therapy dog and companion, Murray, comes to work with me every day.
— Colleen Perry